Public Works Director
Sorry, this job has expired.
Eagle Pass, TX
The Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas is currently seeking a Public Works Director.
The Public Works Department is responsible for providing and maintaining the KTTT Tribal Reservation infrastructure in a manner that ensures the health, safety, and welfare of the Reservation’s residents and visitors.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Civil or Structural or related discipline.
• 5-10 years of progressively responsible civil engineering, public works, utilities experience, and budgeting, at least 6 of which were at a management and supervisory level.
• Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license with a good driving record and be insurable.
• Must have access to reliable transportation to commute to and from work.
Strong preference will be given to candidates:
• With Tribal and/or municipal Public Works and Engineering experience in small to medium jurisdiction or the equivalent.
• With advanced degrees.
• With comprehensive experience in infrastructure engineering, including water utility engineering, and the administration of medium Capital Improvement Project programs.
• With significant management and organizational leadership experience.
• In Engineering or related fields.
Native American preference is observed.
• Planning, design, construction, maintenance and operations of the reservation, including roadways, walkways and parks; tribal buildings, structures and homes.
• Operating and maintaining the reservation’s water, sewer, and storm water systems infrastructure consistent with industry standards and related rules and regulations.
The Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas (KTTT), formerly known as the Texas Band of Traditional Kickapoo, is one of three federally recognized Tribes of Kickapoo people. The KTTT Reservation is located on the Rio Grande on the US-Mexico border in western Maverick County. Also, it’s just south of the city of Eagle Pass, as part of the community of Rosita Valley. The KTTT has a population of 960 enrolled members and was officially recognized by the Texas Indian Commission in 1977.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.